Head of Digital
Head of Digital
Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Flexible home/office working
25 days holidays (plus public holidays & Christmas week). Additional 5 days holiday as part of company loyalty scheme.
Company pension scheme, bonus scheme, mentor scheme
If you’re an enthusiastic and highly experienced digital marketing professional looking to take your career to the next level, then you could be the perfect addition to our friendly team here at Adgen.
In return for your valuable skills and commitment, you’ll enjoy flexible home/office working, an excellent holiday entitlement and company pension/bonus/mentor scheme and more.
Our 20 strong team of marketing strategists, campaign delivery staff and digital specialists deliver integrated marketing services to clients who are predominantly from within the education and
youth marketing sectors – a unique focus that has helped us differentiate ourselves from our competitors within the industry. As pay-per-click marketing continues to play a central role in almost all
our client campaigns, we’re now looking to bolster our digital team.
Taking overall responsibility for our growing digital team, you will lead in developing our in-house digital/PPC department. Working directly with the Managing Director you’ll help define our future
digital strategy for product and service development.
You’ll be a senior level digital enthusiast who not only knows what is already available but can spot opportunities ahead of the curve and find new ways to leverage digital, social and search
channels. You’ll be conversant with all the main PPC channels, have had experience in display and programmatic buying, and come armed with ideas to develop creative and robust online
We’ll be looking for evidence of working in an agency environment where you will have led similar projects and be able to demonstrate both attention to detail and wider, strategic thinking. With a focus on results, you will have a passion for data and analytics, but maintain your ability to develop innovative approaches. You will need to be a great communicator, confident in
presentations and keen to develop you own skills as well as those of the team.
This is a great opportunity to lead a team, implement a strategic approach and mould a career in a growing agency.
In summary, we’re looking for someone with:
– 5+ years relevant experience working across a combination of PPC & paid social media
– experience of line managing a team
– active team player who is comfortable with multi-tasking and working towards deadlines
– client-focused marketing professional with excellent commercial awareness & strong project management skills
– excellent communication & presentation skills as you’ll be contributing to new business pitches as well as presenting to the wider business
– a highly analytical mind and a strong attention to detail, with a passion for data and analytics
– marketing or digital degree – desirable but not essential
In this role, you’ll:
– Represent Adgen at relevant conferences and exhibitions
– Managing the digital team
– Creating a coherent digital vision for the agency, leading, shaping and directing delivery to enhance agency performance and growth
– Implementing up to date best practice across the agency in the digital team and with client activity
– Leverage digital channels like Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat Ads and others to hit client targets and objectives
– Set up of conversion tracking and implementation of best practice (through Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics)
– Use of attribution modelling, and promotion of this with clients to achieve the best results possible
-Tweaking, improving and refining processes over time to raise efficiency and quality of work within the agency
– Working directly with clients and managing relationships directly
– Championing digital innovation within and outside the agency
– Involvement in sales pitches and tenders
– Training of internal staff and clients
– Responsibility for the implementation and management of a cutting-edge, real-time reporting system
– Active management and involvement of recruitment into the digital team
– Ensuring compliance and best practice related to data processing and security, training and educating staff internally
– Writing Google Ads scripts and other automations to drive results and growth
– Writing information security policies, data processing agreements and other documents as the lead of the Data Security Team
– Promoting new digital developments internally and externally
– Oversight of all digital activity and campaigns
– Represent Adgen at relevant conferences and exhibitions
– Any other technical/digital duties
– Any additional duties as requested
This position will be a pivotal role in the ongoing development of the agencies accounts in terms of delivering results-based campaign strategies for Adgen clients. So, if you’re passionate about the digital marketing sector and are interested in joining a growing Midlands-based team, we’d love to hear from you.
Closing date: 1st October
To apply, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
1st October 2021
WBS Foundation Student
A few weeks in the life of our marketing intern, Mante Owusu.
In May 2019, Adgen supported Warwick Business School (WBS) by providing a work placement for a three-week period to one of their foundation year student, Mante Owusu. We provided Mante with a structured placement within the new business division of Adgen, where she was able to work on new briefs, attend networking events and work on proposals for new clients (which sometimes even included media negotiation). At the end of the 3 week placement, we asked Mante to take us through her time at Adgen….
2019 has been an interesting year so far, for many reasons but mostly because this year was the beginning of my University journey. Before University I was working a 9-5 job that I really enjoyed, with people who in 4 years I had seen get married, have children and spent most of my time with. Leaving my old job, honestly felt the same as leaving home; it was the end of an era and I was stepping into the unknown.
I would have to go through that awkward ‘getting to know people’ stage again, where the small talk and uncomfortable smiles were inevitable. I would also be living alone, something that I was actually quite looking forward to. Well, that was before I arrived at my accommodation, which was and continues to be disappointing. Anyway, during my first year at University I have had some really good experiences, met some great people and learned a ton about myself and my degree.
The experience I would like to focus on is my time in my 3-week placement at Adgen. Adgen is a media buying and planning agency that specialises in education. When I first arrived, I was met with loads of smiling faces, which instantly put me at ease. The atmosphere in the office was vibrant, busy and cheerful. For the first few days, I got to do a bit of research focusing on the social media platforms for local marketing agencies. This was to work towards improving Adgen’s own social media and make it a more efficient marketing tool. I got on with this and found out some interesting information and got a perception of how different companies within one industry, brand themselves. I also got to have a look at a tender and sit in on some meetings and conference calls.
While I didn’t understand most of what was going on, it was a really good insight into how business is done. I was also very surprised to hear that University’s and other educational institutions used marketing agencies at all. I had always assumed that because Universities are the place to get degrees and degrees are a necessity for many professions, universities will always have a never-ending flow of students every year. I had never considered that Universities operate like businesses in the sense that they have a market and a demographic that they want to reach. In this context students were potential customers, universities were the ‘brands’ and Adgen was the bridge that brought the customers to their client.
Aside from this, I got the opportunity to sit in some media meetings, where different companies were essentially selling their marketing tools to Adgen to then pass on to their clients. This was by far my favourite part of the placement as I got to learn a lot and see some really interesting presentations. The one that stood out the most was from a company that specialized in different kinds of mobile marketing. It was so fascinating to see the things my phone knew about me; where I’ve been, live, what I like and a wealth of other information. It was useful to finally see and understand why it felt like my phone was listening to me because adverts on social media and online often matched the items I liked, or I was looking for.
It has been great getting a peek into the world of media, marketing, and business. Adgen is a great company with people who seem to genuinely care about what they do and delivering the best possible service to their clients. They do this in a transparent, innovative and practical way. I have been pleasantly surprised being here and everyone genuinely made me feel at ease. I will miss hearing the buzz of conversations about Game of Thrones, football, and jokes from Tom, as the day goes by.
For regular agency updates, find us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.